2008-10-23

44th Day

Back to ordinary life.
Food on Madeira was anything but drufood. :-D I had barley grass with me, but since I often ate out, I didn't have the flaxtea with me everywhere. It was difficult to avoid sugar (so much fruit which are extremely sweet: banana, mango, melon)and gluten.
Anyways I spent a wonderful week sunbathing, swimming (!) in the Atlantic Ocean, eating scabbard fish, roasted chestnut,walnut cake,lupin seed,gaspacho,potato and butter bread rolls,I tasted the excellent madeiran coffee (even better than in Hungary!!! all right, coffee is not dru, but I always had it with food).
It wasn't a big problem not to drink Madeiran wine - though I think many believes it's total sacrilege. We got free wine with lunch once, and I had a glass of white wine, but I felt horrible after it. I haven't mentioned it but I feel sick and get headache even when I smell alcohol in cleaning liquids or in windshield liquid. So then result of me drinking wine on Madeira was that I started sweating, felt dizzy and funny, and I made a picture with my cellphone upside down and I sent it to my man. :-D
I had a very laid back time, slept when it was dark (btw 8pm and 8am, yes that is 12 hours), walking a lot, breathing salty warm air (very good for the lungs) spiced with sweet flower or eucaliptus scent.
For some reason (can be ancient genetic) I love the sea, it is so soft, warm and calming and healing(either bathing or sailing).

No comments: